Although this course was designed to help graduate students move from an initial concept paper to proposal to dissertation, the information herein is useful for many kinds of deep research: research with psyche and unconscious in mind. Students and researchers seeking to find and frame a juicy question, develop it, explore its literature, and come to voice articulating it will find the course especially helpful.
The course also offers suggestions for practicing your scholarly voice, writing clearly about your topic, and presenting results. Research is seen here as both rite of passage and a deepening into where the topic lives in mind, body, and soul.
The modules are:
- Introduction to Dissertation and Research
- Finding and Being Found by Your Topic
- Depth Research
- Writing the Concept of Your Topic
- The Literature Review
- Research and Self-Reflection
- Developing Your Scholarly Voice
- Research as Rite of Passage